Chasing the sunset...and losing the race

When i was coming home from youth group last night, the sky was so beautiful! If i looked to the
right i saw pink and purple clouds hovering right over green hills, and when i looked to the left i saw the sun just beginning to set. It was gorgeous! My dad likes taking pictures, so as soon as i got home i described the sky to him. A few minutes later we were in the car with our cameras hoping the sun would wait. Well, me and dad were a little to slow. It had lost it's charm and was barely visible. It's amazing how fast they go away! We decided to drive down the road anyways with hope that we might still be able to get a few good pictures of something! So we drove out the Wynooche road until we got to Geissler bridge. I never realized how pretty that river is.

Here are some of the pictures we took (you can tell who has the better camera...dad):
Dad


















Me


















Me


















Me


















Me
























Dad


















Dad


















Dad


















Dad


















Dad

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the pic with the yellow line!

Lil Hippo said...

thanks! I had a lot of fun taking pictures out there.

brett said...

nice! friends landing was so fun i <3 soccer... good job btw

Tim said...

Nice pictures! It looks like you had fun =)

BrittanyMarie said...

It sounds like you had great fun taking great pictures! : ) You are talented!

Lil Hippo said...

Brett: yeah i had a lot of fun at friends landing. i think soccer is growing on me...maybe. And thanks, you played well too!

Tim: taking pictures is sooo much fun!

Britt: you're so sweet! :)

Wyatt said...

Sarah, what is your camera? Brand i mean to say?

Lil Hippo said...

it's a Kodak easyshare 10.3 mega pixels.

Wyatt said...

That's really nice. (I just looked it up) :)

What color did you get?

Lil Hippo said...

just black. my parents got it for me last Christmas. they wanted to get me a colored one but they were all gone. i don't mind black though.

Piper said...

Wow! Those are great pictures! I have a kodak to and I love it! :)

Wyatt said...

Black is back. It class on speed. :)

Chelsea said...

I know where these pictures were taken! =D Always fun finding something familiar. Keep up practicing with your camera! I love the pic of the piano keys, very cool. =)

~Chelsea~

Rachel said...

I love your pictures! Maybe I will get on and post some of my favorite pics I have taken lately. You have inspired me.

Rachel said...

I miss you so much Sarah! I emailed my address to your mom so ask for it and write me a letter!

Lil Hippo said...

ok i will!
Rachel you need to come home right now! i, um...have an emergency! not quite sure what it is yet, but i have one!!! :)
ps
...when did you email it? i didn't see it in the inbox. hmmmm.

Lil Hippo said...

thanks Rach! :D
i will send you a very long letter.

Rachel said...

GOOD! You have no idea how much I miss you!

Lil Hippo said...

i know! i was gonna mail your letter today but we didn't have time to get to the post office before it closed! :( tomorrow i will mail it for sure. i'll warn you...it's full of emotion. 4 pages of emotion! :D

you should post something about Canada on your blog! like pictures of your house or videos of drew crashing, anything!
miss you!